About Your Dentist
"To provide the best care we can, while educating patients of the importance of a healthy oral cavity."
Millsaps College, Bachelor of Science in Biology – Jackson, MS
University of Mississippi, Bachelor of Pharmacy – Oxford, MS
University of Mississippi Medical Center, Doctorate of Dental Medicine – Jackson, MS
Dr. Applewhite is currently an active member of the American Dental Association and Mississippi Dental Association.
Life & Hobbies
When he isn't practicing dentistry, Dr. Applewhite enjoys spending quality time with his family, golfing, reading, and woodworking. He is a huge fan of Ole Miss Athletics, and he currently serves on the Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame Board of Directors.
"Be true to your teeth and they won't be false to you." – Soupy Sales
"Our mission is to provide patients with the highest quality and exceptional, comprehensive dental care, utilizing the most advanced materials and technologies in a state-of-the-art dental clinic. With a talented and friendly staff, we are committed to delivering excellent dental services with integrity, compassion, and care in a relaxed, comfortable, and safe environment. Our overall goal is to educate and promote oral health for the people in our community."
University of Mississippi Medical Center School of Dentistry, Doctorate of Dental Medicine – Jackson, MS (Summa cum Laude, May of 2018)
University of Southern Mississippi, Bachelor of Science in Biology – Hattiesburg, MS (Summa cum Laude, December of 2013)
Continuing Education & Professional Memberships
Dr. Tran is currently an active member of the Academy of Osseointegration, Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, Hembree Honor Society, American Dental Association and Mississippi Dental Association.
Life & Hobbies
When he isn't practicing dentistry, Dr. Tran enjoys being outdoors, especially any water-related activities. He also loves traveling and trying new foods. In his free time, Dr. Tran likes reading and learning about new dental procedures, materials and technologies in order to better himself as a dentist and provide the best dental care possible to his patients.
Honors & Awards
- Wallace V. Mann, Jr. Award, UMMC SOD (May 2018) – The Mann Award is presented each commencement day to the School of Dentistry graduating senior with the highest academic average. This award is in honor of Doctor Wallace V. Mann, Jr., and commemorates his contribution as the first dean of the school.
- Dean's Scholastic Achievement Award, UMMC SOD (May 2018) – This award, based on academic and clinical achievement, is presented by the Dental Alumni Chapter of the University of Mississippi Alumni Association to the student in the senior class who has the highest cumulative academic average for the first three years of dental school.
- Mississippi Dental Association Award, Mississippi Dental Association (May 2018) – presented to the senior who demonstrated strong commitment to the goals of dentistry, leads in the area of volunteering for dental related activities, and demonstrates strong personal goals to help further the goals of the dental profession in Mississippi.
- Student Humanitarian Award, The International College of Dentists (May 2018) – presented to the senior who has exemplified and demonstrated passion for altruistic humanitarian service as a dental student.
- Outstanding Dental Student in Implant Dentistry Award, Academy of Osseointegration (May 2018) – presented to the senior who is recognized as an outstanding dental student in implant dentistry.
- Southeastern Academy of Prosthodontics Award, Southeastern Academy of Prosthodontics (May 2018) – presented to the senior student who has demonstrated outstanding achievement and contribution and excellence in the area of prosthodontics.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology Award, The American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology (May 2018) – presented to the senior dental student who has shown exceptional interest and accomplishment in Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology.
- Dentsply Sirona Merit Award in Removable Prosthodontics, UMMC SOD Removable Prosthodontics Department (April 2018) – In recognition of having completed with distinction the undergraduate studies in removable prosthodontics.
- HANAU Best of the Best Prosthodontic Award, UMMC SOD Fixed Prosthodontics Department (April 2018) – awarded for demonstrating outstanding knowledge and skills in the study and practice of Prosthodontics, and is awarded due recognition, all rights, privileges and honors for the Hanau Excellence in Prosthodontics Award.
- Restorative Dentistry Award, UMMC SOD Restorative Department (April 2018) – awarded for demonstrating outstanding skills in providing comprehensive restorative care.
- Community Preventive Dentistry Award, UMMC SOD Periodontics Department (April 2018) – awarded for showing outstanding achievement and potential in preventive dentistry.
- William S. Kramer Award of Excellence, Omicron Kappa Upsilon, Rho Sigma chapter (May 2017) – awarded for demonstrating scholarship, character, and the potential promise for advancement of dentistry and service to humanity.
- Jackson Free Clinic Student Service Award, Jackson Free Clinic Committee (April 2017) – awarded to dental student donated both time and resources to ensure the success of the Jackson Free Clinic.
- Dental Physiology Award, UMMC Physiology Department (April 2015) – awarded to the dental student with the highest average in the Dental Physiology course.
- ADA Foundation Dental Student Scholarship Award, The American Dental Association Foundation (March 2017) – awarded for academic excellence and leadership, and in support of future work to improve the oral health of the public.
- Hinman Scholarship Award, Hinman Dental Society (March 2017) – recipient selected by the dean of the school to promote student's continuing education in the dental profession.
- Dr. James & Grace Rice Scholarship in Dentistry, Dr. James W. Rice and Grace V. Rice (May 2017) – award designated for a senior dental student with the highest cumulative average over the first three years of Dental school.
- Ottillie Schillig Memorial Scholarship, SOD Scholarship and Awards Committee (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017) - scholarship given to students who intend to practice in smaller Mississippi towns and communities.
- Dean's Scholar – UMMC School of Dentistry (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017).